CORPORATE LEGAL ASSISTANT (TAX)
Our client is a prominent Canadian law firm with a well-established local, national and international practice. The firm comprises a diverse group of more than 150 of Canada's most talented lawyers.
- Independently manage the daily operation of two busy Tax Partners.
- Manage a high volume of paper and filing.
- Ensure all files are organized, up to date and easily available.
- Calendar management including arranging meetings and travel.
- Prepare, revise and complete large tax agreements, memos, letters and opinions.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized desk.
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients.
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
Minimum 3-5 years Corporate Legal Assistant experience.
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program.
- Strong technical skills using MS Word, Excel PowerPoint; document management system. (FileSite); legal accounting software (Acumin); blacklining (Workshare Compare).
- Accurately transcribe dictation.
- Extremely organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and multitask.
- Flexible, team player that is client service oriented.
Corporate Legal Assistant (Tax)
Related Post-Secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program.
Choose an item.
Donna Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Donna Turner: http://stoakley.com/meet-donna-turner/
October 11, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Legal Assistant, Tax, Corporate, Executive Assistant.
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Performance bonus
- Paid sick days
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Events
- Vacation/paid time off