Corrpro Canada Inc, an Aegion company, is looking for a Corrosion Technician II to join our team in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
The Corrosion Technician II is responsible for planning and performing duties involved with testing, evaluation and installation of cathodic protection systems to inhibit corrosion on various structures. This role works independently with moderate supervision to execute work based customer specifications.
Corrpro is North America's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation and maintenance services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
- Plan and perform duties such as testing, evaluation and installations of cathodic protection systems to inhibit corrosion on various structures
- Work with specific objectives and instruction from senior staff on customer drawings and specifications
- Conduct various specific test procedures to gather data for evaluation purposes
- Gather structure-to-soil potential data, soil measurements and rectifier data
- Sketch rectifiers, anodes, test stations, and other design features on prepared drawings
- Assist senior personnel in the preparation of survey reports and final job reports
- Sketch physical features of installation site for subsequent detail
- Organize and reduce data gathered, prepare charts and tables
- Assemble data for preparation of final client report including service recommendations
- Solve and make corrections to systems as approved by supervisors
- Recommend modifications as needed
- Provide maintenance of field test equipment, ensure good operating condition and render minor repairs
- Effectively transfer knowledge to other employees and clients
- Additional duties as assigned
- Technical Engineering Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- NACE CP2 Certification or working towards
- 2+ years of relevant corrosion prevention and cathodic protection experience
- 2+ years of oil and gas field work experience
- Rectifier training an asset
- Proficiency with computer software tools (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Safety tickets such as First Aid, CSTS, H2S, WHMIS an asset
- Able to travel and work overtime on an as needed basis
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Class 5 non-GDL driver’s license, with acceptable driving record
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and medical testing
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Our company offers a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including company paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid overtime, RRSP matching, tuition assistance, paid vacation and holiday time, and much more.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce.