Counterparty Credit Risk Lead Technology Officer-1900021018
Counterparty Credit Risk Lead Technology Officer (CCRM) provides independent, enterprise-wide oversight of the management and related measurement, monitoring and control of trading and non-trading market risk and trading credit risk.
To perform the role of Lead Technology Officer for the business unit by being responsible for all process-related activities, as articulated below but not limited to:
- CCR Risk and Reporting Infrastructure;
- Data governance and controls;
- Partner/vendor Management; and
- People Management
Accountabilities of Position (key outcomes and activities):
The incumbent is charged with managing a team to continue development and continued enhancement of Reporting Infrastructure. The incumbent will be responsible for all data and information process-related activities within MR/CCR, as articulated but not limited to:
- Responsible for Risk and Reporting Infrastructure
- Responsible for data governance and controls
- Member of ERPM-IT systems governance framework
- Continued enhancement and improvement of reporting within Market Risk
- Primary interface between Market Risk and IT
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining a high level of awareness of developments in the business, market and regulatory environments, assisting the MD Market Risk Infrastructure, the MRM Business Specialists and Regional Heads, in ensuring that BMO’s risk measurement, monitoring and control practices attain a consistently high standard. The incumbent will be responsible for advocating Enterprise Risk Management practices as well as the enhancement and improvement of the underlying infrastructure to support ERPM. Within this framework the incumbent is responsible for the following activities:
- Management Information System
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient processes to increase efficiency and reduce operational risks;
- Be responsible for overall scope management and ongoing prioritization for initiatives in their respective roles
- Work closely with Architecture function and other teams within Risk Technology, Risk Modeling Teams and other teams to help develop detailed Data Contracts to ensure that there is a clear understanding of data requirements/interfaces/flow and associated quality, completeness and other such validation requirements
- Data governance and Controls
- Ensure operational issues are addressed to minimize business unit’s risk exposure;
- Provide support and consulting support to executives and management in ensuring business unit is compliances with Policies and Procedures
- Participate and lead establishment of Risk Data Governance policy and framework within the ERPM-IT systems governance working group
- Coordination with Service Providers/Vendor:
- Contribute to the negotiation of contract and service level agreement, ensure business unit requirements are articulated
- Work alongside internal and technology service providers to enable business needs and strategies are met;
- Oversee service delivery to ensure effective and efficient use of resources;
- People Management:
- Lead by example - Mission, Vision and Value
- Lead in providing cost effective and efficiency services and functions
- Ensure proper coaching, training and tools are provided to employees;
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s Degree a preferred plus; CPA/CA/CMA/CGA securities/banking industry licenses desired;
- Understanding of Capital Markets, Market Risk Counterparty Credit Risk and Enterprise Risk Management
- Knowledge of SDLC and PMLC methodologies
- Working understanding of the operational support systems used to support ERPM and its clients (e.g., Treasury, Capital Markets, etc.);
- Good organizational and time management skills to deal effectively with multiple time demands in very tight timelines;
- Proven ability to manage people and to achieve effective outcomes across organizational boundaries.
- Proven ability to manage change.
Attributes (include but are not limited to the following:)
- Analytic/Systematic Thinker: takes a well-ordered and logical approach to analyzing problems, organizing work and planning action resulting in decisive solutions with an ability to articulate the decision.
- Results Oriented: strives to achieve high levels of performance, with an ability to set priorities and manage conflicting and changing priorities.
- Conceptual Thinker: identifies and sees the relationships among key issues while understanding the ‘big picture’ and able to clarify complex data and/or situations.
- Team Builder/Player: creates an environment to sustain highly motivated groups working to achieve common objectives in line with the Bank’s and Risk Management’s vision.
- Relationship Builder: develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Pro-active, fast learner and progressive imagination and can think outside the box. Must be forward thinking, not necessarily tied to traditional approaches or history, and unafraid of new courses of actions.
- Maturity, knowledge, sound judgment, facilitation and negotiation skills coupled with strong interpersonal and communication abilities, which inspire immediate credibility to build long-standing consultative relationships with the business and in the industry.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.