Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Diversified Transportation is currently looking for a Coverage Dispatcher based in their Fort McMurray Operations. The Coverage Dispatcher will be responsible for being available as required to cover various positions in the Operations Centre, such as Network Planner, Scheduler, Dispatcher, Base Controller and Duty Manager.
The incumbent will cover open shifts due to vacations and other absences while coordinating with the Operations Center Team and Supervisors, ensuring that Diversified Transportation Ltd. is meeting Contract requirements where safety and on time performance are of the utmost importance. The Coverage Dispatcher is fully trained on all positions in the Operations Centre. This is a Casual Opportunity.
- Manage the daily dispatching of operators to fleet units while monitoring the 2-Way radio with timely, accurate responses providing front-line support to the driving force during shift;
- Monitor and immediately respond to route, fleet and operator issues making sure service delivery requirements are met;
- Process and transmit information and instruction to co-ordinate the activities of operators, supervisors, and fleet units using a variety of scheduling software (HASTUS), communications and dispatching equipment;
- Available to have a flexible schedule to cover any shift in the Operations Centre for Team Members in the following roles: Duty Managers, Dispatchers, or Base Controllers
- Assign trips to drivers, accounting for regulations, service requirements, requests for leaves, etc;
- Liaise with drivers, and other operations teams to answer questions, provide data for forecasting, problem solving, and to find operational and process efficiencies;
- Executes HASTUS functions related to vehicle scheduling, crew scheduling and rostering, and network maintenance;
- Ensure all systems are up to up to date and reconciled with one another;
- Verify and assign necessary vehicles to all scheduled routes as per Contracts, liaising with the Maintenance Department to obtain vehicle availability and communicate operational requirements;
- Maintain accurate records, data reconciliations, generation of reports and post-shift reconciliations;
- Monitor phones and assist with providing information and communicate effectively with all DTL Team Members including Senior Management Team, as well as the general public, our clients and passengers;
- Work independently to expediently resolve customer/passenger issues;
- Any other duties as directed as assigned by management
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 1-2 years of experience in logistics, transportation scheduling or dispatch would be an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in transportation is preferred.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in a customer service and/or administrative capacity
- Must be computer literate in MS Office, experience with a scheduling system or ERP would be an asset
- Experience with HASTUS scheduling software is preferred
- General knowledge of Fort McMurray streets and neighbourhoods, an asset
- Experience working in a Unionized culturally diverse environment, an asset
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Must have strong problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Maintain a clear criminal record, a minimum of a Class 5 driver’s license, and a clean driver’s abstract
- Must possess strong organizational skills including time management, multitasking and remaining calm in a hectic work environment including managing a high volume of daily emails, phone calls, and enquiries
- Must have ability to problem solve in a hectic work environment and display a high level of decisiveness while displaying significant use of memory
Interested applicants should apply with a resume and a commercial abstract.