Job DescriptionJob Title: Crisis Response Nurse (RPN/RN)Work Site: Emergency Department Psych Nurses, HOpe Center, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Full Time (1.0 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours: 0700-1900/1500-2300, with rotating days offReference#: 134350-rro
Come work as a Crisis Response Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the team at the Lions Gate Hospital HOpe Centre as a Crisis Response Nurse. Apply today to join our team!
As a Crisis Response Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide assessments, screening, triage, treatment and/or case management for individuals. Your clients may include adults or youth/young adults experiencing urgent and emergent mental health and substance abuse problems.
- Work in partnership with clients, families and relevant clinical care partners to ensure service provided is integrated across the continuum of care.
- Provide emergency mobile crisis response as required.
- Facilitate immediate hospital or detox facility admission if deemed necessary.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling, treatment planning, intensive case management and referral coordination.
- Initiate and participate in case conferences and case management meetings.
- Prepare and maintain client records.
- Provide consultative and direct services/care to clients, families, community health professionals/agencies, law enforcement, and/or schools, physicians and Emergency Room staff.
- Participate in team meetings, continuing education, conferences, and/or corporate initiatives and engage in on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience providing treatment services to individuals within the designated client population with mental health and substance use issues or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel will require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing/psychiatric nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and treatment applicable to the designated client population.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital and community based resources and the ability to act as a liaison between services.
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of family systems theory.
- Broad knowledge of community mental health services, resources, and referral procedures.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention theory, Early Psychosis Intervention, and Attachment Theory.
- Basic knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental health status exams and risk assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention for designated client population.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with multi-barrier client population.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities and to adjust schedule to deal with unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related electronic equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.