Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
EWA-Canada, An Intertek Company, is comprised of a group of people whose collective knowledge of all aspects of cyber security is widely recognized as world-class. With over 30 years’ experience, we have a client base in 20+ countries around the globe. Our success is based on the significant expertise of our team and their use of a structured and vendor-neutral approach to IT security evaluation and information assurance services. Located in Ottawa, we offer attractive compensation and benefits packages and an excellent work environment.
- We are seeking a motivated and experienced lead technical evaluator to perform and oversee cryptographic module evaluations against the widely recognized FIPS 140 Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules.
- Under the direction and guidance of the Lab Manager, evaluate products, review and assess documentary evidence, and carry out logical and physical testing. Evidence includes Firmware/Software (FW / SW) Architecture and design documents, FW/SW Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) descriptions, cryptography and key management documentation, test documentation, source code, circuit diagrams, etc.
- Work will involve assessment and evaluation of the compliance of various cryptographic software and hardware components / products to FIPS 140-2 standard and Implementation Guidance requirements
- Written evaluation verdicts will need to be prepared for integration into conformance test reports.
- Participation in the development of new testing methodology and contribution to the documentation of the methodology will form part of the job
- Interfacing with customers to deliver workshops and provide technical guidance in support of cryptographic module evaluations will be an important activity.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Lead Tester, once qualified, on specific testing projects on an as-needed basis;
- Preparing test plans, executing these plans, and generating the necessary reports documenting the results;
- Consulting the Lab Manager, and/or Facility Director on all testing matters requiring clarification;
- Supporting other evaluators with their assigned activities;
- Performing testing activities on an as-required, as-tasked basis; and
- Conducting testing activities in accordance with all applicable standards and methodologies.
The ability to work in a team environment coupled with the ability to develop creative solutions will be key to your success.
- Excellent English writing skills - must be able to prepare written reports
- Good English oral communication skills, ability to articulate requirements in technical and non-technical terms to customers, peers, and management
- Knowledge of computer programming or engineering, or equivalent job experience
- Familiarity with basic information technology security principles
- Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic algorithms
- Knowledge of common programming languages such as C\C++, Java
- Must be a good team player
- Must be able and willing to work occasional overtime
- Experience in customer-facing technical roles
- Experience in hardware product design, development and/or testing
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 and ISO 19790
- Familiarity with network protocols
- Ability to work independently
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in an IT, computer science, or engineering related field, or equivalent work experience
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required
- The successful candidate will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Enhance Reliability and or Secret clearance is required in Canada.
EWA-Canada, an Intertek company, offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed with the local market. We promote a culture where motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment and reach their highest potential. Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance plans; RRSP plan with company match; paid time off (vacation; sick holiday); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
EWA-Canada, an Intertek company encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please contact email@example.com if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.