At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.ca
As someone rightly suggested ... One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.
Aramark Canada's Culinary Team and all of our Chef's are constantly working to revolutionize the way we create food experiences to enrich and nourish our Customers lives.
If you are someone who wants to constantly learn and grow with an organization that truly stands by culinary excellence, join our Culinary team in the West who is currently in search of Chef/s to join our business in healthcare / business dining / higher education.
The positions are based in Canada's Western province of Alberta and per an immigration magazine in 2019, Calgary was suggested to be one of Canada's wealthiest, cleanest and most livable cities.
The Retail Culinary Chef is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of all retail food services and catering operations , as well as the management of a consistently high quality food service.
- The Chef is responsible to primarily manage the kitchen operations: recruiting and managing a team, controlling costs, creating menus etc.
- Delivering high quality catering services. Meeting with customers to understand catering requirements, resolve issues and communicate upcoming promotions and activity.
- Ensure all Aramark and franchise culinary standards and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Implement and plan menus for all services operated in the account.
- Assist the Component Managers with cost control and reducing wastage.
- Complete monthly food safety and health and safety audits and hold self and team accountable for meeting expected standards of safety and hygiene.
- Involved in training of culinary staff to empower them, and ensuring that the tools and resources are readily available for the staff.
- Ensure all staff are abiding by the food service standards and quality requirements.
- Managing and supervising (as required) in ordering and inventory for the various locations.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands on food preparation and serving when needed.
- Assist the implementation of marketing promotions and marketing planning and ensuring that they run successfully.
- Ensure operation’s level of profitability and client satisfaction.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate food handling, preparation and sanitation in respective areas are met.
- Adhere to the Aramark policies and procedures, as well as the Health and Safety standards.
- Being part of a team that is willing to step up and deliver with a positive and can do attitude.
- We are looking for individuals who are interested in making a difference and creating change.
- In addition to qualified Chef papers / relevant diploma; excellent communication and interpersonal skills are considered qualifying factors.
- We are looking for experienced Chefs, with at least 5 years experience in fast paced food service operations. This includes experience in leading and managing a team, menu costing, menu planning and food preparation.
- We have seen that individuals who have an assertive, professional and positive demeanour tend to have a longer and much more satisfying career with Aramark.
- As an experienced Chef, we are looking for experience with food and labor costing, and the ability to quickly resolve and make required decisions based on data.
- Proven ability to multi task and stay organized are other factors that have demonstrated success for managers in a fast paced, growing environment.
- This position requires exceptional leadership skills and the ability to achieve goals while motivating and working together as a team.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully clear a criminal background check as a minimum requirement before commencing employment. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.