Manheim Canada is part of Manheim, the leading global provider of vehicle remarketing services for more than 70 years. With locations in Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, Moncton, Halifax, and 24/7 sales via www.ove.com, Manheim Canada hosts more than 30 in-lane and online auctions each month. Manheim connects buyers and sellers of used vehicles to the world’s largest wholesale used-vehicle marketplace, helping dealers and commercial customers achieve results through auction channels, data analysis, inspections, financing, transportation, purchase protection, mobile products and a wide range of solutions. For more information, visit manheim.ca.
This position ensures safe and clean facilities and work areas by performing routine custodial and janitorial duties, and other maintenance work as required.
- Ensure the facility is kept clean - daily dusting, wiping and vacuuming of furniture equipment and fixtures (washrooms, workstations and common areas)
- Ensure wastebaskets, trash cans and recycling are emptied daily.
- Ensure the exterior of the facilities and the yard are kept clean and maintained
- Assist with sale day setup by hanging block wraps, signage and operating the floor machine
Maintain supply inventory and stock supply closet as needed.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., keep up with supply needs, deliver supplies, etc.
Assist with seasonal maintenance e.g. Snow removal, salting, trash pickup
The operation of the following equipment will be required, and training provided; M20 floor machine, Skid steer loader, Sky jack elevated platform and hydraulic lift table,
- Basic tool use required to assist with the hanging and moving of boards and pictures,
- Follow all safe operating procedures and health and safety guidelines set out by CAC including all required safety training.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends as business needs dictate
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
Must be able to work independently.
Effectively communicate and interact with staff, management and customers.
Efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, lift and climb.
Medium strength. Ability to lift 1-50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions, moving mechanical parts hazard, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
- Amazing benefits:5 weeks paid vacation per year; Generous Insurance plan (medical, dental, life, disability); RRSP contribution plan;Venngo Discount programs;and much more!
- At Cox Automotive Canada, our employees are our greatest resource!