At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As a member of the Bombardier Aviation Transportation & Logistics team, you will be part of a dynamic team overviewing:
- transportation operations and customs compliance for Canada, and US
- sourcing of services to the right carriers and customs brokers
- developing and maintaining supplier relationships;
all while optimizing costs and managing implementation of key transformation projects.
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation & Logistics, you will coordinate customs operations and compliance of importation and exportation activities relating to Canada across a complex and worldwide supply chain network.
In your role, you will:
- Manage the Canadian brokerage activities under the CBSA (Canadian Border Services Agency) through the CSA (Customs Self-Assessment) program.
- Develop and implement customs import & export procedures in compliance with government regulations while ensuring compliance throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain thorough and current knowledge of international trade compliance regulations including valuation, tariff classifications, and CUSMA compliance.
- Maintain healthy relationship with government agencies.
- Select and maintain a relationship with our customs brokerage firms, manage their onsite staff, and monitor their performance across established Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Act as internal expert on trade compliance matters and technical customs questions.
- Manage Canadian customs audits, monitors ageing/backlog of audit activities and ensure closure of correction requests resulting from audit findings.
- Develop and maintain Custom Compliance Manual and document critical work instructions.
- Manage or coordinate training on customs related programs certification (CSA, C-TPAT & PIP).
- Work on cross functional projects as customs subject matter expert as required.
- Support the Transportation and Logistics team in order to enable the group to identify best practices and provide recommendations towards strategies in alignment with business requirements and objectives for new and existing programs.
- Champion key projects and realize cost optimization / savings opportunities through strategically selected initiatives.
- Provides decision support role, working with senior management and ensuring that everyone has the information they need to make the right calls.
- Support the creation of presentations for various management reviews and governance sessions (when required).
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Operations or Logistics or the equivalent;
- You hold a Customs Certified Specialist certificate (CCS) is an asset
- You have a minimum of (7) years of professional experience in industrial logistics and customs compliance in the manufacturing industry with proven record of project deliverables;
- You are a team player, recognized for your ability to work in a team or autonomously;
- You have strong communicator (English and French), both written and spoken.
- You have strong research and analytical skills;
- You have knowledge of the aerospace industry (an asset);
- You are able to multi-task and work under a highly demanding and continuously changing environment;
- You have the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization (from senior management to staff);
- You have a strong team spirit and leadership abilities and you demonstrate flexibility;
- You have a good understanding of operations and financial management (an asset);
- You have knowledge of legal terminology and interpretation of contracts (an asset);
- You have strong command of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Lotus Notes;
- You have knowledge of SAP/ERP.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.