Customer Service / Counter Sales
The customer service / counter sales associate is responsible for providing a high level of customer service in a timely manner. This position is the first point of contact for customers visiting the store and for phone calls to the sales desk and will provide support for the hardware receiving and purchasing department as required.
- Greeting and assisting customers in store and calls to the sales desk in a friendly, professional manner.
- Monitoring and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a tidy, organized work area.
- Processing cash sales and charge account orders.
- Reviewing and processing returns/refunds.
- Store opening and/or closing duties.
- General store maintenance tasks such as restocking shelves, merchandising, cleaning etc.
- Purchasing, stocking and maintenance of specific store departments under the supervision of the Purchaser Supervisor.
- Providing support to the receiving department as required.
- Assisting the contract sales team in sourcing and ordering non-stock, special order items, under direction of the purchasing supervisor.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service.
- The ability to learn in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- The ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Previous customer service or sales experience.
- Building material knowledge or experience in the building industry is an asset.
Competitive Wage with benefits