Our client is Canada's largest energy equipment distributor, proudly supporting the country's leading energy companies. Our client offers and synergizes product offerings specific to the customer's needs. Their high-quality petroleum, propane, HVAC, and energy equipment and services has enabled them to maintain long-term B2B relationships for decades.
Commensurate compensation based on qualifications and experience.
Our client is currently searching for a Customs Logistics Manager to support their fast-paced Supply Chain Management department. Serving as an excellent career development opportunity, the ideal candidate is ambitious, forward thinking, and strategic with logistics and customs experience.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Negotiate contract terms with brokerage team and vendors.
- Effectively communicate corporate policy, regulatory, and compliance updates to the Supply Chain Management team.
- Resolve customs release discrepancies by working closely with carriers, customs brokers, and sourcing branches.
- Provide strategic insight into organizational effectiveness in order to optimize efficiencies and business processes.
- Act as point of contact (internally and externally) for all duty, CBSA audits, and NAFTA, CETA, and customs classification questions.
- Create, implement, and maintain KPI measurements for freight, duty, and brokerage costs. Analyze the data and provide recommendations to streamline process and reduce costs.
- Support multiple projects by managing costs, training, and communication between internal stakeholders while building team engagement.
- Partner with internal stakeholder, vendors, and business partners to improve national and global supply chain process with strategic initiatives.
- 1 to 4 years' of relevant Logistics or Customer experience in a B2B and/or B2C environment.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Certificate in supply chain, logistics, purchasing, or customs.
- Beginner to intermediate level of comfort with Excel ndash; VLook-Up, Pivot Table, Filter, Sort.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven time management, negotiation, and change management experience.
- Ambitious, forward-thinking, and engaging business professional.
Customs Logistics Manager
Degree or Diploma in related discipline.
Deborah Milo, Managing Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Deborah Milo: http://stoakley.com/meet-deborah-milo/
Energy (gas, oil, wind, solar)
May 21, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Logistics, Warehouse, Supply Chain, Optimization, NAFTA, Excel, VLook-Up, Pivot Tables, Leadership, Supervisor, B2B, Energy, Customs, Transportation, 3PL, Strategy, SOP, CBSA, Audits, CETA, Supply Chain Management.
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resume; and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
- Flexible Schedules
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision