Scope of the Position
This position is responsible for the filling, quality, maintenance, shipping, administration, logistics, and storage of the cylinders. The cylinder filler will work closely with the manager and operations personnel in all aspects of product transfer including storage, filling, loading/unloading, and inspection of products.
Due to the hazardous nature of the H2S gas being handled and stored this position requires an extremely safety conscientious individual with a highly developed safety attitude and safety focus combined with the ability to demonstrate a high and sustainable focus on attention to detail.
Position: hourly, non-exempt
Shift: rotating 8hr shift
What You Need to Be Successful
- High School Diploma or GED, Completion of Power Engineering 4th Class preferred
- Must place safety first at all times because of the requirement to work with a deadly gas.
- Forklift Training/Experience preferred
- Ability to move containers with proper material handling equipment
- Able to wear self-contained breathing apparatus
- Must have the ability to perform basic math functions
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills, and computer knowledge
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision, is highly motivated, energetic, and enjoys working as part of a team
- Must be a good communicator to work effectively and professionally with the plant operations and maintenance personnel
- Monitor and verify all aspects of production; takes corrective actions when necessary
- Review labels and raw material documentation prior to their release into production/packaging
- Ensures that all cylinders are adequately maintained and that any cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected
- Performs all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released to the customer shipment.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate procedures and regulatory requirements
- Complete and maintain shipping and registry files
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of product specification and in-house SOP’s
- Ensure accurate recording of all test data, evaluate findings, and review reports
- Report quality deviations and product failures, assist in investigations and development of solutions
- Conduct in-process quality control checks, sampling, monitoring, and finished product inspection as required
- Evaluate finished product to ensure conformance to standards and specifications
Reports to: Plant Manager
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on Facebook.