Are you ready to infuse your career with excitement? Do you relish the opportunity to use your analytical and data mining expertise to impact and influence success across multiple business lines (financials, marketing and field performance, operations and more) in a highly successful organization?
If this sounds good to you, Steeped Tea is looking for you: our new Data Analyst / Administrator.
You’re an experienced Data Analyst or Administrator, with strong SQL, communications and problem-solving skills, who wants to positively impact a company that’s as driven as you are. You’re passionate about precision, and love generating smart plans from relevant data and maintaining multiple databases.
About Steeped Tea
It all started with a cup of tea. In the last ten years, Steeped Tea has turned tea lovers into business owners. Today, Steeped Tea has been recognized year over year as one of PROFIT 500’s Fastest-Growing Companies. We are the biggest success story in Dragon's Den history, partnered with David Chilton and Jim Treliving.
Steeped Tea is a direct-selling company manufacturing, blending and distributing premium loose-leaf teas and accessories through a network of thousands of Independent Consultants across North America. We empower others to start their own business and generate an income by selling Steeped Tea products directly to consumers in their community.
Data Analyst / Administrator
Reporting to the Finance Director, with responsibilities across the organization including IT, you will play a key role in maintaining our databases and running recurring / adhoc reports informing our business on key strategic and tactical insights that support our sales, marketing and financial decisions.
Your main goal is to ensure that the business has accurate and accountable data to maintain historical integrity and that the business has key analytics and reports in order to make smart decisions.
Your contributions will provide the foundation for our short- and long-term goals and build opportunities for business growth and our future success. Your extensive experience with SQL, query writing in MS SQL Server and Excel tools will allow you to mine and analyze data and create reports to facilitate excellent decision processes.
You will be a valued influencer and contributor across all business lines. Succeeding here is as much about relationships, as it is data, and so your communication and listening skills are key. And as we progress towards a more data driven business model, your technical skills will be as important as your eye for detail, passion for problem solving, and aptitude for analysis
Practically speaking, you will:
- Maintain Steeped Tea’s consultant database ensuring the accuracy and timely execution of data entry and systems integrations to maintain historical integrity
- Report monthly on business financials, marketing and field performance, and operation metrics with insights on efficiency/effectiveness using SQL and Excel tools.
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis and reporting for the organization to assist in the data analysis of various user platforms to improve ability to analyze and project trends to monitor business performance.
- Run and model sales promotions and marketing programs to provide recommendations that improve cost efficiency/effectiveness and guide future promotions and programs.
- Maintain and build an accessible knowledge library of published data dictionary reports as well as data management documentation for communication and education
- Assist with the transition and onboarding to a new analytics software platform
This role is deeply involved in all aspects of our business and offers an excellent career building opportunity. If that sounds exciting to you, then we can’t wait to meet you.
Working at Steeped Tea
At Steeped Tea, it’s our goal to create an entrepreneurial and creative environment that is both challenging and rewarding. We love what we do and are inspired to outperform every day. You’ll see the impact of your work on the business every single day.
This is an 18-month contract opportunity with a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), and comprehensive benefits plan (health, dental, vision, etc.).
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in our Ancaster office.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience in a similar data analytics or administrator role, ideally in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Experience providing insights into sales, promotions, and marketing programs
- Significant experience with SQL and query writing in MS SQL Server is a must
- Experience with Web based hosting service, Azure, HTML, CSS an asset
- Expert level knowledge of Excel (VBA, macros, pivot tables, master sheets)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, marketing, commerce, finance, or a related field
- Experience with any of the following software is an asset: SSRS, WMS, Party Plan Solutions and IDSTC and/or Izenda
- Experience in a direct selling organization is an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.