Duration - 6 Months
Location - Mississauga, ON
The group is responsible for providing KPI metrics & Data analysis to manage performance and plan capacity for the network infrastructure. The team is also responsible to review future demand based on pipeline forecast and Lines of Business interaction to manage available capacity optimally and/or plan for acquiring additional capacity. This role is responsible to automate Network performance and capacity, trends and usage pattern reporting, from the KPI metrics data collected from multiple network management tools. Ability to use programming languages, scripting and database query languages will be required for data preparation, collection and distribution. Co-operation with automation teams to identify opportunities for integrating tools and data into process automation workflows. Additionally, dashboards and analysis workbooks will be delivered with analytics tools like Tableau, to assist in messaging and reporting of the various KPI metrics to consumers.
- Work with the team of Network capacity SMEs to understand current data collection method, Tools used and document requirements.
- Identify opportunities to automate the manual data collections or manual data preparation and distribution.
- Understand API / Scripting interfaces available in various network infrastructure devices and identify the best method to extract the required data.
- Work with the Tools Strategy and Product Management teams to ensure scripting and associated documentations are done as per the defined standards.
- Write scripts to process/massage/correlate the data collected from one or more data sources and store them in the enterprise RDBMS (MS-SQL) system.
- Use different data sources (excel/Database) in Tableau desktop to create presentation dashboards as per the requirements.
- Document and cross train the team to maintain the scripts and the Tableau Dashboards.
- Must have experience with one or more of the following programming, scripting, automation and query languages - Powershell, R, Python, REST, JSON, XML –development exp is the core must have : 4 years
- Must have experience with MS SQL / SQL languages for data extraction, manipulation and distribution of datasets and analysis results : 4 years
- Ability to collect data from tools and Network infrastructure devices using programming and scripting.
- Experience working in large enterprise and coordination with multiple internal / external groups to complete the assigned task.
- Ability to work with network engineers and quickly understand their data collection / Presentation requirements.
- Must be strong is using Tableau to correlate multiple data sources and crate dashboard using the given logic to create effective presentation views. Or tools like Tableau will be ok too.: 4 years
- Very strong RDBMS skills in MS-SQL to organize / massage / store the data collected. : 4 years
- Experience in scripting or advanced tools like SQL extraction, Data Mining, etc. will also be considered a plus
- Experience with Bitbucket, or similar platforms like bitbucket Enterprise best practices and standards, documentation skills.
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Soft skills – working with people and resolving conflicts.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming, scripting, automation and query languages - Powershell, Python, REST, JSON, XML : 4 years
- Experience with MS SQL / SQL languages for data extraction, manipulation and distribution of datasets and analysis results : 4 years
- Solid Experience using Tableau to correlate multiple data sources and crate dashboard to create effective presentation views: 4 years
- Very strong RDBMS skills in MS-SQL to organize/ store the data collected. : 4 years
- Experience with Bitbucket, or similar platforms used for documentation skills: 3 years
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in scripting or advanced tools like SQL extraction, Data Mining, etc. : 4 years
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) : Yes
- Ability to collect data from Network tools and Network infrastructure devices using programming and scripting: Yes
- Experience with L5 Loadbalance and Firewalls: 4 years