MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Data Architect for a 12-month full time contract position. This is a hands-on role, we’re looking for a strong resource in the Data Visualization space (Tableau and Power BI) and designing semantic layers to support Analytics (Views, data marts, DAT, others).
The Data Architect - Visualization will work under the managerial direction of the Analytics Program Manager and the Manager, Innovation and Enterprise Architecture. The Data Architect for Visualization will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions by applying advanced data wrangling, cleansing and visualization techniques and best practices to tell the stories behind the numbers and delivery of highly visual and interactive reports and dashboards.
- Experience with business intelligence methodologies including disparate data source integration techniques, ETLs, Visual Analytics, KPI and reporting.
- Mastery in designing complex visual analytics solutions with Tableau and Power BI that are highly interactive, dashboards, or that offer data exploration or data mining capabilities.
- Extensive experience with RDBMS (SQL, T-SQL), data profiling, data cleansing, ETL Tools (Informatica and SSIS) and BI reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, SSRS).
- Expertise implementing business semantic layers, business rules, KPIs and preferable Data Lakes to deliver near real time analytics.
- Experience automating data sources to deliver BI dashboards and solutions.
- Experience in agile / scrum project methodologies and change management practices.
- Solid experience in all levels of BI data modeling (including conceptual, logical and physical) including star schemas, data lake design and implementation.
- Experience with identification, definition and implementation of data lineage, business glossaries, quality workflow checkpoints, audit logging and reporting, reference and master data, and the use of dimensional arrays for matching processes.
- Experience in proactive roles in data governance initiatives is a plus.
- A level of knowledge equivalent to a Technical Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, plus specialized computer training courses relating to software development and data modeling
- Strong proficiency in communicating with business users and translating their data needs into solutions
- Proficiency in these technologies and tools are required:
- Data Warehouse and Structured Data Designs for OLAP and Analytics
- Tableau and Power BI
- Sybase PowerDesigner or ERWin
- and T-SQL
- Microsoft SQLServer Enterprise stack
- Knowledge of map/reduce framework (hive/pig/spark other tools for accessing data in Hadoop/HBase cluster systems) is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting topics to diverse audiences.
- Facilitate meetings with team members and stakeholders.
- Works with the business to understand data related needs and how our existing data assets can meet those needs or be extended to meet those needs.
- As part of the agile team, collaborates with Product Owners to understand analytics requirements, translating them into solutions that will serve business strategies and needs.
- Provides thought leadership based on a balanced approach of technical expertise and business acumen.
- Designs highly interactive visualizations (dashboards and reports) based on business requirements and user stories.
- Works with management to establish long-term analytics solution architecture and data model strategies.
- Works with other Architects and developers to ensure that the data architectures and proposed analytics solutions match the software architectures.
- Creates and maintains data semantic layers and complex calculated data fields to support the delivery of business analytics needs.
- Works with business users to define requirements, performs business analysis and design, and implements robust, maintainable solutions that meet the business requirements.
- Keeps abreast with standards and trends with respect to software architectures, data architectures, and design and development concepts.
- Assesses data related technologies related to the delivery of analytics and provides feedback to management as to their quality and appropriateness with respect to the enterprise environment.
- Using leading practices, develops and maintains highly interactive reports and dashboards to be delivered to business users across the business.
- Establishes, maintains and communicates standards, guidelines, and data architecture best practices.
- Creates and communicates technology white papers relevant to the visual analytics technology and software and data development initiatives.
- Mentors, provides strong methodology leadership, and works closely with development and implementation teams; and for each phase of a project, works with the project management to identify and mitigate data architecture risks.
- Through reviews and quality assurance processes, ensures that the architectural solutions designed being adhered to.
- Assist in conducting research and make recommendations on Visual Analytics / Data Management technologies, analytics tools, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts. Drive the collection of new data, proposes best solution to incorporate to existing Data Lake and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Works with the business to develop data quality rules for measuring and monitoring the quality of the data; develops data quality control and remediation plan; performs root cause analysis and tracks resolution of data quality issues; utilizes data quality tools and techniques to improve the quality of the data
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
Please visit our website at www.matchboxhr.com