Data Conversion Specialist – Intermediate & Senior
Ideal Start: February 2019
Initial End Date: Initial 6-month contract
Work Location: Calgary, AB
Description of work:
Reporting to the director of Accounting and Procurement Services or assigned program/project manager, the Data Conversion Specialist(s) is required for SAP data conversion preparation, data cutover implementation and develop a historical data repository.
- Define data conversion strategy
- Define database conversion specifications
- Finalize Conversion Strategy
- Work very closely with the users in order to maintain and safeguard the database.
- Identify requirements for improvements to existing databases by determining users' information requirements and system performance and functional requirements
- Develop and implement procedures that will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database
- Advise programmers, analysts, and users about the efficient use of data
- Oversee all facilities of the conversion process.
- Complete mapping, interfaces, mock conversion work, enhancements, actual conversion, and verify the completeness and accuracy of converted data.
- Establish a strong working relationship with all clients, interact effectively with all levels of client personnel, and provide conversion support.
- Analyze and coordinate data file conversions
- Work with importing files from heterogeneous platforms
- Data Conversion Preparation
- Assess the data quality of the existing system and identify what needs to be fixed.
- Plan to fix the source system data
- Fix the source data
- Data Cutover Implementation
- Prepare the load spreadsheets for GCFM
- Ability to compare source and destination systems to confirm successful load into SAP
- Historical Data Repository
- Identify which systems will be decommissioned (RAP, SAGE, FreeBalance, potentially TIME.
- Determine what requirement there will be of the historical data – reporting, ATIP, parliamentary requests.
- Build a data repository/warehouse with Tableau reporting capability (to be consistent with our clients standards)
- Start to use the repository and confirm the accuracy of reporting vs source systems
- Confirm transition to SAP and verification to decommission the systems
- Decommission systems
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."