An exciting opportunity in DT Toronto, to be a part of an up and coming FinTech firm establishing its first North American presence.
Valued at $12 billion with 300 million registered users worldwide, and partnered leading household names such as Apple, Uber, Starbucks, Netflix, Amazon and Hotels.com plus many more.
My client is looking to hire a Data Engineer in Downtown Toronto. In this role you will build batch and real-time data pipelines to service our client's analytical reports and dashboards. It requires 4+ years work experience in data engineering, software engineering.
- Build, develop and maintain batch and real-time data pipelines to power our client's analytical reports and dashboards.
- Previous work experience building out data pipeline capable of handling terabytes of data and more than a million events a minute.
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendations
- Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects
- Experience in at least one programming language like Scala, Java or Python
- Experienced in Apache Spark, or other big data processing frameworks
- Vast experience in SQL Server
- Proficient in software development, and source code management
What you will need;
- Masters or Bachelors in computer science or engineering.
- 4+ years work experience in data engineering, software engineering and/or data analysis
- Experience building real-time and batch data pipelines
- Prior success in working with extremely large datasets using big data technologies
- Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand product requirements
- Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with data streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming
Please note this position does not offer sponsorship, applicants must have the right to work in Canada.