Intersog® is a Chicago-based provider of ROI-driven custom web and mobile development specializing in the delivery of full-service, end-to-end solutions, and project resources to Fortune 500 companies, SMEs and startups. We help our clients attack their ambitious business goals, solve skills shortage issues and become innovative by building Dedicated Software Development Teams in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and/or providing on-demand IT project resources to complete required skills on their in-house teams.
Our primary goal in partnering with our clients is to exceed their expectations and foster an ongoing relationship that envelopes innovation, industry leadership and business strategy while delivering products that bring exceptional user experience, brand elevation and market dominance.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture of a e-health platform, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. As the ideal candidate you are an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You will collaborate with and support other engineers and data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout the system. You are comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. As the right candidate you will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Enhance the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Amazon Redshift, Airflow, and other ‘big data’ technologies.
- Help building analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of industry experience in data engineering in a fast-paced environment, ideally a high growth company
- Strong applied analytics – you love data, gleaning insights from data, and making decisions based on data
- Advanced working experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL (or similar)
- Advanced experience working with Python
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores like Kafka.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – effectively presenting insights is as important as the insights themselves
- Experience working cross-functionally, particularly with engineering, product and growth teams
- Team-player: we rely on each other to be candid, supportive, hardworking and genuine
- Competitive compensation based on your skills, experience, and customer satisfaction;
- Opportunity to work on challenging and exciting international projects;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely when needed;
- Extended medical and life insurance;
- Casual, friendly and family work environment;