Manpower is currently seeking a Data Scientist for a contract position with a large pipeline client in Edmonton, AB.
- Bring deep functional expertise to shape data structures and algorithms in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage for the company as a whole
- Collaborate with Data Head and developers to find opportunities to use company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company systems
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes
- Partner with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Conduct data wrangling, munging, exploration, sampling, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation
- Enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that use emerging technologies
- Code, test, and document new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics
- Ensure all automated processes preserve data by leading the alignment of data availability and integration processes
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in data science, senior engineering and technology roles working with product development teams, delivering and building digital products
- Understand high performance algorithms and Python statistical software
- Experienced with Lamda architectures and batch and real-time data streams
- Experience in industry data science (e.g., machine learning, predictive maintenance) preferred
- Able to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools
- Experienced with agile or other rapid development methods
- Experienced in object oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering software platforms and large-scale data
- Deep knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures
*Please note; a clear Criminal Record Check is required for this opportunity.
Please email your resume directly to Navleen Sahaney (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 403.473.1817.