Client ID: 278648
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Data Scientist for a 6 month contract in Edmonton, AB.
Data Scientist Job Details
- Bring deep functional expertise to shape data structures and algorithms in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage for Client as a whole.
- Collaborate with Data Head and developers to find opportunities to use company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company systems.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- Partner with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Conduct data wrangling, munging, exploration, sampling, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation).
- Enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that use emerging technologies.
- Code, test, and document new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics.
- Ensure all automated processes preserve data by leading the alignment of data availability and integration processes.
- Based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations.
- Be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
Data Scientist Mandatory Skills
- Understand high performance algorithms and Python statistical software.
- Experience with lamda architectures and batch and real-time data streams.
- Experience in industry data science (e.g., machine learning, predictive maintenance) preferred.
- Architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools.
- Experienced with agile or other rapid development methods.
- Experienced in object oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering software platforms and large-scale data.
- Have deep knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures.
- Build a sense of trust and rapport that creates an effective workplace.
- Master’s in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
Data Scientist Assignment Length
Data Scientist Assignment Location
Data Scientist Start Datte