YOU’RE A guardian OF THE INFORMATION galaxy
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
You have the protective instincts of a superhero, safeguarding sensitive information with the utmost care and attention. From end-to-end data governance to monitoring KPIs, you never stop looking for ways to make things better. It’s about using your knowledge, vigilance and skills to have the organization’s back – like a good superhero would. All you’re missing is the cape!
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You work well on your own but also love collaborating with a team.
- You’re reliable and accountable, keeping a cool head in the face of a hot deadline.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects; it’s just part of your DNA.
- You’re as meticulous as they come. For you, organization comes as naturally as breathing!
- Your passion for data is matched only by your love of computers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Data Governance
- Act as the primary custodian of the Association’s data assets, as well as an advocate for the consistent and correct use of that data.
- Manage the life cycle of data assets, from identification, acquisition, and maintenance through decommissioning.
- Develop clear definitions of data elements, values, and metadata.
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end shepherding of the Association’s data as it relates to governance, management, usage, integrity, consumption, aggregation, and utilization optimization.
- Maintain KPIs and metric definition/derivation.
- Organization of data, including the documentation of data sources, elements, and domains.
- Establish and document subject matter experts and ownership.
- Develop and manage reference data.
- Act as an advocate with key stakeholders, including consultation, maintenance, validation, and review.
- Monitor and manage the quality of data in the environment.
- Resolve any data quality issues or escalations.
- Partner with data engineers to realize data strategy and data governance framework.
- Promote governance as a key strategy.
- Manage data origin and tracing, education and adoption, and the promotion of subject matter expertise.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or a related field.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in data governance, stewardship, or related field.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience with relational databases/SQL.
- You have a surgeon’s eye for detail - nothing gets past you!
- You’re a team player who adapts easily to change.
- You get bonus points if you have experience with product development.
- You’re familiar with Maestro Master Data Management.
- You’ll get an edge over the competition if you’re also proficient in distributed computing frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.