Reporting to the VP, Engineer, the Data Warehouse Architect will design, develop, modify, and implement data warehouses. In this role, you will analyze data sets from multiple sources to determine the best design, development, and implementation of a data warehouse, prioritizing clean data and data integrity. You will leverage your knowledge of cloud technologies and ETL to transform data into information and make it available to users in a timely manner.
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What will you do?
- Lead modeling and design of data warehouse schemas.
- Plan and implement maintenance and evolution of the data warehouse design.
- Integrate the data warehouse with reporting platforms and ETL platforms/tools.
- Analyze business objectives and prepare action plans in addition to identifying areas for improvement.
- Create technical spec plans and documents, etc.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation.
- Ability to develop, design and implement code with minimal guidance.
- Data Cleansing / Data Integrity - ETL / SSIS, etc.
What do I need to succeed?
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience writing test plans and creating manual Test Cases.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies.
- Experience writing SQL statements in Oracle, PostgreSQL etc.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can fosters team collaboration.
- Pro-active and has a strong desire to learn.
- Technical aptitude having Problem-solving skills with an ability to conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions.
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud-native data warehouse technologies.
- Knowledge of Source Code Repositories (BitBucket, Github, etc.).
- Working experience with any of the issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Domain knowledge of banking and financial institutions and/or large enterprise IT environment.
- Familiarity with automated build and testing platforms (team city, Jenkins, Solano Labs, etc.).