ARC Business Solutions Inc. is an established and customer-oriented information technology solution provider with proven abilities to incorporate strategy, creativity and technical aspects into business solutions. ARC operates out of 4 regions in Canada–Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Regina and in the US - and services a broad base of private and public sector clients. Service delivery is focused in five main technology solution verticals: Systems Delivery, Enterprise Information Management, Mobile Solutions, Training and Managed Services; with industry expertise in Energy, Utilities, Government, Financial Services and the Public Sector.
ARC Business Solutions Inc. is currently seeking individuals with experience as Database Administrator for an immediate opportunity in Edmonton, AB.
ROLE: Database Administrator
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience (preferred) as a DBA of a medium-scale SQL Server Data Warehouse. This five (5) years’ experience is to include all of these elements – DBA; medium-scale SQL Server; and Data Warehouse – in the same job responsibility.
- Knowledge and / or experience with Cloud technology, solutions and architecture.
- Demonstrated process of keeping current with Data Warehousing and related technologies.
- Experience with Business Intelligence technology. Four (4) years' experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Artificial and/or Machine Learning technology.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps technology
- Working knowledge of Query Store, Data Compression, Always Encrypted, Columnstore Index, and Resource Governor.
- Experience setting up processes for managing security. Four (4) years' experience preferred.
- Ability to respond and address issues after regular work hours (evenings and weekends)
- Experience with query optimization methods.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience (preferred) with SQL, coding queries, SCUD, stored procedures and data import/export.
- Extensive experience in high performance, medium scale computing environment. Ten (10) years’ experience preferred.
- Extensive experience of system resource configuration as it pertains to SQL server installation, patching and upgrading in a DW environment. Five (5) years’ experience preferred.
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting DW ETL process and optimizing DW ETL process for optimum performance. Three (3) years’ experience preferred.
- Experience with tools, including: Central Management Server; SQL Server Powershell Scripting. Two (2) years’ experience preferred.
- Experience with replication, tuning procedures, fault detection and resolution processes. Two (2) years’ experience preferred.
- Understanding of OLAP architecture design.
- Proficient SQL scripting skills, including: stored procedures; functions; etc. Five (5) years’ experience preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of best practices for combining strengths of database and DW ETL tools to optimize data movement.
- Excellent analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis.
- Excellent ability to communicate with people having business or technical background.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a group of professional staff (team player).
- Potential short-listed Contractor(s) must go through an interview process with Strategic Analysis and Data Warehousing (SADW) where they demonstrate in depth knowledge and provide examples of skills relating to this position.
Degree designations (e.g., Bachelor of Science, Computing Science), IT Diploma from a recognized technical institute and/or vendor technical certifications are desirable criteria of our selection.
We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing, share options and a comprehensive benefits package. These positions can be filled by fulltime ARC employees or contractors.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted. We will be conducting interviews immediately. TO BE CONSIDERED -Please forward your resume clearly displaying reference numberGM:DBAin the subject line to email@example.com. For more information on ARC, please visit our website at www.arcbus.com.