ARC Business Solutions Inc. is a customer-oriented information technology solution provider with proven abilities to incorporate strategy, creativity and technical aspects into business solutions. Service delivery is focused in five main technology solution verticals: Systems Delivery, Enterprise Information Management, Mobile Solutions, Training and Managed Services; with industry expertise in Energy, Utilities, Government, Financial Services and the Public Sector.
ARC Business Solutions Inc. is currently seeking individuals with experience as aDatabase Architectfor immediate opportunities in Edmonton, AB.
ROLE: Database Architect
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Data Bricks, No-SQL, Data Lake Stores
- Design and maintenance of Cloud Data Lake Stores
- Design and implement a semantic tier that utilizes the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure regions.
- Document and communicate standard methods, best practices and tools used.
- Design and build complex data engineering tasks in conjunction with data scientists
- Work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialist, & subject matter experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, MS Azure Cloud Stack, & Spark
- Experience with developing and administrating relational SQL and NoSQL databases: MS Azure Databases
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Data Bricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL, .NET
- Ability to produce formal written deliverables including data models, technical standards and guidelines, investigations and recommendations, presentations and briefings, future state roadmaps, and meta-data catalogs for business and technical use.
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub
- Data governance platforms
Degree designations (e.g., Bachelor of Science, Computing Science, Engineering), from recognized universities is a desirable criteria in our selection process.
We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing, share options and a comprehensive benefits package. These positions can be filled by fulltime ARC employees or contractors.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted. We will be conducting interviews immediately. TO BE CONSIDERED -Please forward your resume clearly displaying reference numberJK:DBAin the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on ARC, please visit our website at www.arcbus.com.