Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
We are also responsible for Pioneer and Application Infrastructure groups that look to develop foundational strategies, tools and technologies that are leveraged across Technology, as well as standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
The Client Reference Data (CRD) practice area is responsible for the systems that support the client and account onboarding, and the distribution of client and account reference data to other business functions across the firm.
The CRD database team is looking for a talented and experienced database professional to join and contribute with all the team’s database development and data engineering activities. The team’s activities are crucial for enabling the large RDBMS such as Sybase and DB2 distributed and replicated databases that support the CRD’s systems and functions. This is a challenging and dynamic role, requiring the developer to participate in all stages of the systems development life cycle, and to partner with other global technical and business teams inside and outside the CRD practice area. Besides the
database technical skills and know-how, good communication skills, and willingness to share ideas and concepts with others are essential.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, develop, test, maintain, and optimize database components: schema, stored procedures, scripts, views, triggers
- Participate in analysis and design activities with application development teams
- Execute data engineering activities
- Undertake performance turning and troubleshooting
- Perform remediation of database hygiene issues.
- Document technical requirements, specifications, and solutions
- Collaborate in troubleshooting and incident resolution activities
- Contribute with the improvement of the team’s core skills and with the development of best practices and standards
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor of Computer Science or related field
- Strong SQL/ANSI programming skills
- Experience with stored procedure development and SQL performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS such as Sybase ASE and DB2 ESE, or any other Enterprise Databases Systems
- Experience with enterprise-scale, real time, highly accessed transactional databases
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under time and resource constraints and find simple and effective solutions
- Motivated to expand technical and business knowledge.
- Planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Understanding of Sybase and DB2 replication
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Some experience with or basic understanding of ETL processes
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry
Knowledge of French and English are required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.