Delivery Driver Apprentice, AZ Upgrade
Driver Apprentice Position Highlights
- Upgrade to AZ license (company funded) within 12 months -- AZ drivers at GFS average $31-35/hour!
- Starting wage of $18.80/hour
- 4 weeks of paid training at $18.80/hour
- 4 day work week with overtime opportunities
- FULL benefits and RRSP after 90 days
- Local routes --> guaranteed to be home every day!
- Family culture
Text GOGFS to 97211 to learn more!
- Help deliver products to customers within delivery window time frames
- Operate vehicle and work safely at all times
- Handle customer concerns in a positive and professional manner
- Do physical work and lift up to 80lbs
- Be self-motivated and able to work well independently and within a team
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be available to work any day of the week including weekends – start times vary
- Start and end your shift in Ottawa, ON
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits
- RRSP with company match
- annual profit sharing
- Comprehensive paid training and ongoing support
- Opportunities for learning and advancement plus company events that support our family culture
- Must have a valid G License and a clean driver’s abstract
- You must be flexible to work days, nights, and weekends
- Must be in good physical condition and enjoy manual work
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Be conscientious of offering quality service to our valued customers
- Take pride in working safely and representing GFS as a professional Apprentice Delivery Driver
- Must have a passion for driving and want to become an AZ Driver
- Have to be a minimum age of 18 to apply
- Delivering outdoors in all seasonal weather
- Must be able to handle all types of food and beverage products including seafood, beef, pork, produce, wine, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
Discover why Forbes has named Gordon Food Service as one of Canada’s Best Employers and join an awesome team that is fun, supportive, and alive with energy!
- Apply via the Apply for this job online button
About Gordon Food Service
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
*** Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact careers.ajax @gfs. com or 1-800-268-0159 to discuss your needs.