Food-X Urban Delivery Inc. (“Food-X”) is a grocery delivery platform for third party grocers. We are committed to developing and sharing sustainable practices with other retailers to help reduce the environmental impact of delivering groceries. Think about it as carpooling for your groceries. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference, because we believe that sustainability works best when shared. If the idea of helping to reduce carbon emissions, food waste, and single use plastics resonates with you, please apply to join our team now!
Food-X is looking for permanent, full-time and part-time Delivery Drivers for our Burnaby, BC warehouse (5566 Trapp Avenue, Unit 105). The shifts would be within these time frames based on candidate availability and route matching:
- Monday- Thursday
- Tuesday- Friday
- Wednesday - Saturday
- Thursday- Sunday
- Friday- Monday
- Saturday - Tuesday
- Sunday - Wednesday
Shifts will be between 7:00 am- 10:00 pm based on the employee and their assigned route.
Preference is to full-time candidates. Shifts will likely be 4 days x 10 hours (averaging agreement required). Part-time candidates would need to be available for 2-3 shifts per week and either 8 or 10 hour shifts (averaging agreement required).
- Drive around sunny (or rainy!) Vancouver (and surrounding communities), listening to your music and making deliveries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Read delivery instructions carefully, especially where to leave bins.
- Pick up any empty bins, cryomats, ice packs, etc. and put them in the designated areas of the warehouse, at the end of the delivery.
- Provide our customers with a great experience when they interact with you! You are the face of the company, we receive a ton of positive feedback about our wonderful drivers!
- Be happy working with limited supervision in a role where you will directly impact our community.
- Take initiative and be willing to assist others as necessary, be happy to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Complete driver checklist accurately and legibly.
- Additional duties as required.
- A Class 5 Driver’s License, and clean driving record for the past 5 years.
- Experience driving larger vehicles is required (our are Mercedes Sprinter or similar)
- Ability to comfortably drive around Vancouver (including downtown) in all types of weather, displaying excellent driving skills.
- Familiarity with Vancouver & surrounding areas is preferred.
- A warm and engaging personality, displaying exceptional customer service!
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, our customers love their bins of groceries!
- Willingness to work flexible hours and do other pick-ups as required.
- $17.00 per hour starting wage, increasing to $17.50 after probation.
- 20% discount on spud.ca purchases
- Extended Health Care Benefits (for employees working more than 24 hours per week, on average, after the probationary period) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!