Job DescriptionJob Title: Dental Assistant IIWork Site: Dental Program, Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Full Time (1.00 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $22.51 - $24.62 per hourHours:
Monday-Friday: 0830-1640; shift time includes a 60-minute unpaid lunch break.
Some Wednesdays: 1040-1850
Some Saturdays: 0830-1640Reference#: 134756-jmc
Come work as a Dental Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Dental Assistant to join the Dental Program at the Robert & Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Dental Assistant with VCH you will:
- Provide preventive dental health information/education to the public, preventive clinical services and a variety of administrative/clerical and other related duties to the Dental Program.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 and recent related experience.
- Current license as a Certified Dental Assistant is required.
- Valid B.C. Drivers’ license is required. Local area travel requires use of a personal vehicle for which mileage is reimbursed.
- The incumbent will also be required to successfully complete the Ministry of Health screening Training Program.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of the current techniques and standards of preventive and restorative clinical practice.
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively to large groups on dental care topics.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work independently with minimal direction, to problem solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies/community, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Data entry/word processing skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment and to operate standard office and dental equipment.
- Some knowledge of office methods and procedures.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.