The role of the Business Integrity team is to enhance the Express Scripts Canada (ESC) value proposition for customers to ensure the integrity of health claims while maintaining a network of providers through diligent review and education. The Auditor is responsible to conduct various types of audits across Canada to validate that providers are compliant with benefit plan design and professional practice regulations. The Auditor uses their analytical and investigative skills along with their practice and knowledge of provincial benefit coverage to identify trends observed from claim reviews and to ensure that the audit techniques evolve to remain effective in managing risk for ESC customers.
- Perform claim verifications, desk and/or on-site audits
- Communicate with providers to gather information for audits, to educate on claim submission practices and to respond to queries in regards to audit results
- Assess provider documentation to ensure compliance with enrolment agreement, benefit plan design and provincial regulations.
- Calculate the adjustments required to correct claim transactions
- Prepare, coordinate and travel to conduct on-site audit at the provider’s location, and complete the post on-site audit activities
- Compile and produce audit reports that are detailed and unbiased
- Perform self and peer-review to ensure accuracy and quality of claim reviews
- Track audit activity and summarize results of claim analysis and recoveries on a daily and/or monthly basis for department statistics for presentation to customers
- Identify trends observed from claim reviews and provide recommendations for risk criteria changes and/or candidates for a desk or on-site audit.
- Recommend incremental and continuous ideas that will increase ability to prevent and manage risk that will bring the most value to customers
- Respond to internal and external customer questions professionally, timely and accurately
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 2-5 years recent experience in a dental office environment with working knowledge of dental software and fee codes
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in Canada, range of 5-15% of time
- Graduate of post-secondary educational program either as a dental assistant or dental hygienist with a valid license
- In-depth knowledge of dental benefits, reimbursement and dental regulations
- Previous audit/investigation experience is an asset
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate difficult situations
- Self-driven, curious, capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills: team player and ability to work cross-functionally with other departments
- Flexible, resourceful, with a mindset that embraces and champions change
- Ability to manage high priority tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to research and effectively communicate findings
- Passionate about development and continuous learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset
- LOMA or HIAA training would be an asset
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca .
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.