Protec Dental Laboratories Ltd. is a growing full-service dental laboratory located in the Olympic Village area. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in a Dental Technician Assistant role. The ideal candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, a natural curiosity and willingness to learn, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as a team player and independently.
The Dental Technician Assistant - Milling will report to the Crown and Bridge Milling Team Lead.
What You Will Be Doing
- Ensure equipment is clean, calibrated, and in good working order for daily production use.
- Coordinate all cases to be milled and printed in various materials to meet the deadlines and progress forward.
- Coordinate cases requiring special attention with supervisors, specifically large and complicated cases.
- Sintering of zirconia to give the best outcome according to various temperatures and hold times.
- Printing and cleaning of various materials.
- Quality control of milled cases: correct sintering, implant components fit into the milled restoration, crown is placed in the right pan, appropriate rejection of cases that do not pass quality control.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of equipment. Equipment to be kept clean and in good working order.
- All manufacturing of products/appliances to be inspected at all times to ensure products meet the highest standards.
- Coordinate the manufacturing products/appliances to move forward in a timely fashion to meet production times and case scheduling.
- Daily written and verbal communication with all departments to confirm production tasks and timelines have been met.
- Assisting the milling department to meet scheduled timelines of products.
What You Will Need
- Experience with Milling is an asset
- Good manual dexterity
- Interest in fixing and troubleshooting 3D printers
- Adept with computers and technical equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with no supervision and as part of a team
- Extended healthcare
- Transit friendly
- Lots of great eats in the neighbourhood
- Full-time between the hours of 1:30pm - 10:00 pm