DEPUTY DIRECTOR CSC - DESIGN FOR BUILD
of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax, NS.
- Education Required:
- A Degree qualification in Engineering in relevant discipline
- Years of Experience: 15+ years of experience in shipbuilding environment
- Experience in “new build’ first of class.
- Proven ability to lead change in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in achieving high performance levels
- Provide leadership, direct and manage a team of Engineers and Technical Specialists in a “new build” ship construction environment.
- Responsible for daily operations regarding the leadership of Design for Build team in support of ship design & Construction.
- Streamline Design for Build processes with an emphasis on process design for cost and cycle time reduction.
- Assist the Director of Engineering with strategic and tactical continuous improvement activities in multiple vessel construction
- Constantly review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Conduct and convene progress meetings internally including production of progress reports
- Support development and implementation of program strategy and plans
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
- Responsible for formalizing design rules and supporting measures across business
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
For additional information please contact: Erin Sloan at email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.