DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING, PLATFORM SYSTEMS
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This is a full-time, permanent staff role based in Halifax NS.
- Provide leadership, direct and manage a team of Engineering Managers in the design phase of a “new build” ship design and construction environment
- Responsible for daily operations regarding the leadership of the Platform Engineering function in support of ship design & construction.
- Previous experience in design and implementation of propulsion and electrical machinery control systems
- Streamline Engineering processes with an emphasis on fast and efficient decision making to support cost and cycle time reduction.
- Assist the Director of Engineering with strategic and tactical continuous improvement activities in multiple vessel construction
- Continually review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Conduct and convene progress meetings internally including production of progress reports
- Support development and implementation of program strategy and plans
- Ensure compliance with all Navy and ISI Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
- Responsible for formalizing design rules and supporting measures across business
- Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in relevant discipline
- P.Eng, MBA, or PMP considered to be a strong asset
- Years of Experience: 10+ years of experience in shipbuilding environment
- Experience in “new build’ first of class
- Proven ability to lead change in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in achieving high performance levels
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.