Fluor Canada, in support of a current proposal is seeking a Deputy Environmental Manager. This position reporting directly to the Site HSE Manager and is responsible for creating and sustaining a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety, and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitments to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Cross-Shift for Environmental Manager and effectively leading a team of over 10 staff when required.
2. Risk awareness and early interdiction of issues thereby ensuring sustainable mitigation measures.
3. Peer review of moderate to high risk environmental work plans.
4. Technical support for all environmental staff, excluding fishery biologists (since we have technical SMEs in place)
5. Regulatory support.
6. Compliance, particularly water.
7. Complex environmental issues resolution.
8. Client satisfaction and overall assurance of environmental related activities.
9. Interface with external relations, regulators and select NGOs.
10. Promotion of the Safest Project on Earth.
11. Support on boarding of new contractors with contracts personnel.
12. Waste management technical support.
13. Memorandum creation and / or review for completeness and sound technical approaches.
14. Proactive liaising with construction personnel and attendance at weekly construction planning meetings.
15. Mentoring and development of staff.
16. Technical input into investigations.
17 Other duties as assigned
1. Project site/field working conditions.
2. On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather.
Job ID: 118289BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.