Geek Squad Deputy Field Marshal
Do you love delivering amazing customer service? Are you passionate about leading and coaching a team to do their best work every day? Can you achieve results while building a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement?
Geek Squad is the technical service organization of Best Buy Canada. We are a team of more than 1,300 passionate technology experts (we call ourselves Agents) who install, support and repair all the coolest consumer brands. Best Buy is Canada's premier specialty electronics retailer with over 180 locations coast-to-coast and 11,800 team members. We are proud to have been recognized as one of Canada's top 100 employers for 2018.
As a Deputy Field Marshal you will...
- • Provide day-to-day supervision, leadership and support for a team of 15-20 Geek Squad Connected Home Field Agents who deliver service in our Client's homes.
- • Build your team's technical and soft skills by delivering formal training as well as on-the-job coaching and mentoring
- • Ensure the highest possible Client satisfaction, as measured by Net Promoter Score, through regular interactions with Clients and skillful resolution of all complaints and escalations.
- • Support and optimize the efficiency operations of the team including fleet/vehicles, Agent scheduling, tools and supplies. • Help Agents troubleshoot & resolve complex technical problems or issues • Nurture strong relationships with Best Buy store leadership
What you're passionate about...
- •Client service -- you get a deep satisfaction helping your team deliver amazing service on every visit You always take responsibility when things go wrong and support your team to make things right.
- • Coaching -- you are excellent at observing your Agents in action and providing timely feedback to enhance their skills. You take great pride in helping Agents be successful and advance their careers at Geek Squad.
- • Continuous improvement -- you are never satisfied with the status quo and always look for ways to remove waste and improve the Client experience. You empower your team to come up with new ideas and act to put those ideas into action.
- • Collaboration -- you understand, promote and recognize effective collaboration because you know that a strong team achieves far more working together.
- • Having fun while being the best - you believe that positivity drives productivity and work should be stimulating.
The experience we need...
- • 5+ years of successful field service technician experience, ideally supporting consumer electronics or telecom products
- • Natural technical aptitude with the ability to learn new products & technology quickly
- • A strong communicator with the ability to easily build rapport with Clients and Agents
- • Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- • Proven success collaborating to deliver projects and process improvements in a cross-functional team
- • Valid Class 5 driver's license with clean driving record
- • Clean criminal record check
- • Previous people leadership experience, ideally leading a team of frontline field service technicians who work in consumer homes • Certification or equivalent experience in computer support, home networking, home theatre installation and / or smart home technology. • Consumer electronics retail sales & service experience • Able to speak Mandarin, Cantonese or Punjabi • Post-secondary diploma or degree
What Geek Squad has to offer
- • It's fun. The atmosphere at Geek Squad and Best Buy is energetic and exciting. We love innovation and we support our teammates.
- • Our employee development is second-to-none. You will grow your career and build your leadership and technical skills through formal training, stretch assignments and mentorship from your manager and other Geek Squad leaders.
- • Employees get great discounts on Best Buy products
- • Every day is different, with new and different problems to solve.