DESIGN BUILD (Test Production Module) TEAM LEAD
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense.
The Design Build (Test Production Module) Team Lead, CSC is a full-time permanent position that will report to the Design Build Manager–CSC and will be responsible for coordinating the wider Engineering, Planning, Production and Supply Chain Organizations in the build of a dedicated Test Production Module(s).
Building the test module(s) will enable the shipyard to exercise its new processes and data flows, ensure personnel are suitably trained and familiar with the new processes, materials and equipment, and streamline construction for when full production begins.
- From the early design stages, prior to build of the CSC vessels, lead a cross-functional, multi-discipline team to develop the plan to test the end-to-end build process
- Take Lead on the selection of units and / or modules that will become TPMs
- Establish Test Production Module (TPM) requirements
- Liaise with the other two DfB workstream Team Leads to ensure alignment to TPM requirements
- Liaising with all relevant functions including, but not limited to, Engineering, Production Engineering, Planning, Document Control, Supply Chain, Logistics, Production and Human Resources to enable the formulation of a cohesive and workable plan
- Ensure the relevant functional and cross functional processes are in place to enable the end-to-end process
- Ensure that all requirements, including Data flows, outputs, materials, support services, shop floor resources (operatives and supervision) are known and in place
- Ensure any training requirements are captured
- Ensure lessons learned during the process are captured and evaluated and changes enacted and re-trialed to ensure future success
- Collaborate with the business to make any IT changes required to support an integrated business modelling approach for the CSC program and an efficient transition from design phases into supply chain, planning and production
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and construction data flows
- Experience with the use of 3D product model software packages
- Knowledge of PLM software packages
- Experience with the use of ERP systems and scheduling software packages
- 10+ Years’ experience in complex system manufacturing environment
- Experience in Manufacturing process development
- Experience working in naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, offshore construction, and/or other large military procurement programs
- 5+ plus years of experience in a team lead role that coordinated design activities and involved direct staff management and individual team member activity planning
- Degree or Diploma in Manufacturing/Production Engineering or similar
- Experience with and managing multi-discipline teams
- Experience in Computer Aided Manufacture, CNC data extraction and Manufacturing Output definition
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution software, assessment and implementation
- Strong personal time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
For further details, please contact Aimee Wragg at:email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.