• A university degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is an asset.
• Design experience in one or more of the following considered an asset: automation cells, robot end of arm tooling, equipment guarding, jaws, …
• Knowledge of mechanics of materials, metallurgy, and materials selection, fluid flow, testing methods and related analysis and calculations.
• Knowledge of design and manufacturing disciplines
• Ability to make indirect measurements using trigonometry and geometry.
• Have the ability to resolve conflicts and possess problem solving skills in a team or individual setting. Judge accuracy and completeness of mechanical engineering drawings before forwarding them for implementation. Ensure that drawings adhere to required codes and standards and that information is complete and presented in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to consult product specification books to identify capacities, dimensions and prices of particular pieces of equipment.
• Ability to facilitate discussions with co-workers to co-ordinate work and brainstorm solutions to problems encountered. Consult with colleagues to obtain input on challenging work problems.
• Ability to coordinate and integrate work within team of engineers and technicians working on common projects. Ability to assign tasks to others as needed.
• CAD experience in the following considered is a must: SolidWorks, AutoCAD.
• Possess drive and motivation to continuously learn and to be open to new technologies, changing work processes and skill requirements. Attend conferences, workshops and courses; read professional journals, magazines, textbooks, technical manuals and newsletters; and consult with co-workers and colleagues as needed.
• Concept and detailed design of automation cells, troubleshoot existing equipment and automation cells, clamping fixtures, lathe chucks, …
• Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components, and systems.
• Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems.
• Create CAD models and drawings in accordance with industry standards.
• Manage design projects
• Maintain and organize design and project documentation per internal requirements including confidentiality.
• Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.