Design Engineer - Graphics System Validation
Client: Multinational Semiconductor Company
Contract/Perm & duration: 6 Month Contract (Possible extension/Conversion to Perm)
Location: Markham, Ontario
The Datacenter Graphics and Accelerated Computing Validation Team is looking for dynamic and energetic validation Engineers to join our growing team. As a key contributor to the success of Our Client’s IP, you will be part of a leading team to drive and enhance Our Client’s abilities to deliver the highest quality, industry leading technologies used for Datacenter, Machine Learning, and High Performance Computing. The team fosters and encourages continuous technical innovation to showcase successes as well as facilitate continuous career development.
• Define and execute end-to-end test plan and validation strategy for a group of Client’s IP
• Debug issues found during pre-silicon, bring-up, validation, and production phases of SOC programs
• Lead collaborative test approach with multiple teams, and tracking test execution to make sure all features are validated and optimized on time
• Develop knowledge of system architecture, technical debug, and validation strategy
• Drive technical innovation to enhance Client’s capabilities in IP validation including tools and script development, technical and procedural methodology enhancement, and various internal and cross-functional technical initiatives.
• Work closely with supporting teams in design, diagnostics, emulation, firmware, and software to ensure readiness for first silicon arrival, enablement of IP functionality, and debug of critical features.
• Support on customer platforms as requested by customer support teams.
• Experience in following technical areas:
o Digital logic / platform design, verification, or post-silicon verification
o Strong programming/scripting skills (C/C++, Python, Ruby, Perl)
o ASIC debug techniques and methodologies
o Board / platform-level debug, including clock/power delivery, sequencing, analysis, and optimization
o Physical and protocol levels of common high speed interfaces an asset
o Common lab equipment, including protocol/logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
o Computer hardware and architecture (experience with datacenter servers a plus)
• Strong analytical skills for test creation and debug
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• Must excel in a dynamic team working environment
• Must be a self-starter and be able to independently drive tasks to completion
• Leadership and mentoring skills a definite asset
• Graphics experience a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.