Brandt is currently seeking a Design Engineers/Technologists for ourNisku location. This positionincludes design and development of new equipment as well as continuous improvement of existing products. These people are responsible for design validation and verification where necessary, and their primary objective is the creation of engineering design deliverables, especially 3D CAD models. Successful applicants will have great mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic intuition and well developed technical and rational skills. They will have expressed a clear desire for continuous learning and improvement, both with respect to career objectives and design solutions.
Proven Knowledge and Demonstrated experience with the design of Dozer Blades including Construction and Forestry attachments
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use 3D CAD to develop projects and products.
- Use a combination of 2D CAD and other tools to develop overall system designs.
- Focus on DFx, i.e. Design For Manufacturability, Serviceability, Reliability, Affordability, etc.
- Produce engineering deliverables that meet Quality, Cost and Schedule requirements.
- Mentor and develop personnel.
- Field research as required. Business travel will be an occasional requirement.
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Professional Engineer or Technologist with 5 years of experience
- Extensive experience in machine design and 3D CAD systems, preferably Solidworks
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Product/project knowledge in the platform area
- Experience designing welded and bolted fabricated assemblies
- Knowledge of material science for steel and aluminum
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic