This role is responsible for designing plastic packaging tools/moulds based on customer’s specifications for quality, durability, and cost. The role aslo coordinates closely with CNC Programmers, Machinists and/or external vendors to ensure that the tools/moulds are manufactured according to the design specifications and meet the parameters for quality, durability and cost.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create tool/mould design as per customer’s specifications / concepts / guidelines, using 3D CAD system.
- Develop different options for product design and provide suggestions to improve the product and/or to resolve problems related to product design.
- Measure plastic parts accurately using different measuring instruments.
- Coordinate with other team members and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve design issues
- Coordinate with sales staff and customers to discuss product design related matters.
- Continuously research, adopt, and implement new concepts, methods and technologies.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Engineering / Drafting / CAD designing / or equivalent practical work experience.
- 5 to 6 years of hands-on experience in mould design with a CAD Modeling system like Solid Edge, Catia or Solid Works (preferred).
- 3 or more years of experience with product/tool design for the Thermoforming or blow moulding industry.
- Experience with CNC mould making system.
- Good Knowledge of Milling Machine, Lathe, Drilling Machine etc.
- Good knowledge of measuring instruments and their proper use e.g. Vernier Calliper, Micrometer, Height gauge etc.
- Good knowledge of the thermoforming process, its requirements and limitations.
- Creative thinking and good imagination in order to make a superior product.
- Good English Communication skills
Working in a typical office environment with frequent visits to the parts manufacturing workshop.
Monday - Friday, 8 hrs per day
At Polar Pak, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Polar Pak offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are in need of an accommodation during our recruitment process, please specify in your job application.