Requisition ID: 20319
Job Category: Designers; Infrastructure
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Assist in the preparation and modification of mechanical and electrical building services drawings for varying types of Building’s in the commercial, institutional, retail, residential and industrial sectors;
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes to ensure consistent documentation of the project;
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation as requested by the project engineer or project manager;
- Revise and update drawings to ensure consistent documentation of the project;
- Adhere to company/client CAD standards for all production drawings;
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation for future reference.
- 2-5 years of drafting / design experience using Autodesk software;
- 3D modeling experience within a Revit environment;
- Understanding of basic building systems including HVAC, Fire Protection, Plumbing / Piping and Electrical;
- Requires a good attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn new skills and work across disciplines.
Nice to have:
- Civil 3D experience to be able to assist as required on civil projects;
- Site inspection or hands on site work experience;
- Architectural and Structural Revit experience.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.