Spark44 is an advertising agency unlike any you’ve ever encountered, and we seek employees of an equally unique character. Our motto? “Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Honest.” Do you have a voice that you feel deserves to be heard? In other words, are you BOLD? This is an agency where your input will indeed be heard, and valued. But, is that input valuable, original and challenging? In a word, is it BRAVE? And finally, are you willing to be HONEST? We value individuals who are unafraid to question the status quo, who challenge authority and fight for the best idea, even if it means possibly losing an argument. We here at Spark44 are a tight-knit group. We are the best in our business. And we are good people.
Located in Spark44’s NYC office, the Designer is primarily responsible for the layout and production of print collateral, online banners and outdoor media. May also be tasked with light image retouching and motion graphics projects. The Designer will also be required to work closely to assist the Art Directors and Creative Directors as required. This position will require developed design aesthetic and solid digital and print production knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a BFA in design from an accredited art school, with 2+ years of experience at an advertising agency, design studio or marketing/branding company.
- Design and produce layouts for online banner ads, mobile ads, social media apps/ad units, website design, brochures/direct mail pieces, email campaigns, POS material.
- Ability to produce tight mechanicals and orderly templates. Reviews design details to ensure accuracy of production specifications.
- Understands and follows the Spark44 production process carefully.
- Assists Art Directors and/or Creative Directors with their projects and can achieve their vision.
- Provides status updates, on a regular basis, to CD and respective Project Managers.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (INDESIGN, PHOTOSHOP, and ILLUSTRATOR)
- Well-versed in typographic and layout principles
- UX/UI and video experience a plus
- After Effects or Adobe Premiere, a plus
- BFA in visual design or related major
- 2+ years experience at an advertising agency, design studio, branding agency, luxury or automotive publication
- Strong digital, print and production skills
- Team player
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines