We are currently recruiting for a Desktop and LMS Support Clerk to join our internal IT department for a one-year contract (covering a maternity leave). This job is 50% IT Help Desk support and 50% user set up and content input for the company's Learning Management System.
You are a self-starter who is curious about video editing software and is resourceful in problem solving. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize multiple tasks in order of importance and urgency. You are comfortable working within a matrixed reporting structure. You are excited by the opportunity to work with locations Globally.
Your priorities will include:
- AnsweringHelpdesk inquires via phone and email. Inquires such as:
- Printer set up;
- Printer troubleshooting;
- Windows 7 and 10 System troubleshooting;
- Microsoft Software troubleshooting;
- Internet service issues;
- Unlocking accounts;
- Supporting company payroll systems;
- Mapping network drives;
- Managing network permissions;
- Ongoing maintenance of the Learning Management System. Including:
- Setting up users;
- Loading already created content;
- Generating user reports from data extracted from the LMS;
- Generating Vendor reports from data extracted from the LMS;
- Generating Client reports from data extracted from the LMS; and
- Providing internal support on the LMS globally.
- Answering inquiries regarding theLMS such as:
- Video and content troubleshooting;
- User experience troubleshooting;
- Content error corrections and adjustment;
- Login troubleshooting; and
- Certification assistance.
- Sourcing 3rd party venders for LMS content;
- Creating SCORM content using Captivate;
- Editing audio produced in house using Audacity;
- Creating animated videos with the edited audio using Vyond;
- Recording conferences/ training via Zoom Conferencing;
- Taking conference recorded seminars (made through Zoom) and cutting out the excess video using Movie Creator; and
- Imaging computer systems.
Your education and experience includes:
- College diploma;
- Experience with administration;
- Apt in report generation using excel;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Adobe Captivate experience (beginner level);
- Audio and video editing experience (recreational);
- Computer trouble shooting knowledge;
- Highly organized;
- Familiarity with Windows 7 & 10 operating systems;
- Working knowledge of Office 365 products and services; and
- Experience working a support desk is desired.
People who work best at Drake:
- Achieve results and are self-starters;
- Focus on the client;
- Bring forward solutions;
- Have a great sense of humour;
- Possess strong negotiation skills;
- Build relationships;
- Embrace diversity; and
- Demonstrate boundless energy.
Why work for Drake?
With 67 years in the industry, we provide the opportunity to learn the industry leading best practices. We offer great benefits that include three weeks' vacation to start, a company pension plan and on-going learning and development.
Our business is about PEOPLE and our fixation on superior customer service is the core pillar that will enable an unprecedented user experience for all. We are committed to our core values of Respect, Agility, Pride, Passion and Integrity.
About Drake International:
Drake is the pioneer in the recruitment and talent management industry. More than recruitment, Drake offers a suite of HR solutions that support the strategic assessment, development and evaluation of people to assist HR leaders and managers alike. Starting with one location in Winnipeg over 60 years ago, Drake International is now a Global operation with branches across Canada and around the world. Our teams work with top brands, supporting their workforce planning efforts and people strategies. The entrepreneurial spirit that the business was founded on is still alive in our company.
$40,000.00 - $45,000.00 /year