About the Company
PCM Canada (formerly Acrodex), is a full spectrum, enterprise-wide technology solutions provider that has been in the IT business since 1984. Our mission is to “deliver enterprise IT solutions that enable customers to achieve their business outcomes.” Translating our technical strength into business value for our clients requires more than just expertise and strategic alliances; it requires a team that thrives on understanding and solving problems. With office locations across Canada, we provide our clients with flexible IT solutions that drive results.
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Desktop Support Analyst (Contract) in Toronto, ON. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working as a desktop support analyst providing support to Windows and MAC in an enterprise environment. In addition, you will also have experience troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and upgrading computer hardware, software, printers and network in fast paced work environment. All candidates must be available to interview at our clients site in Toronto, ON and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications will be accepted until: May 31, 2019.
- Responsible for providing technical support to users surrounding upgrades, installs, and troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, printers, phones and other hardware devices
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and upgrading tasks
- Conduct on-site repairs for internal customers in a Windows and MAC environment
- Troubleshooting to diagnose issues; replace/swap out equipment
- Light phone support; documentation of issue resolution
- Provide hardware support on laptops, desktops, and printers
- System imaging and deployment, refresh and upgrade projects
- Working with Vendors on replacing hardware components under warranty.
- Basic networking support, i.e., Cat-5 cabling, router and switches
- Deliver excellent customer service both in house and at client’s sites
- 5 years of experience supporting hardware and software in Microsoft Windows 7/10 and MAC operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and break-fix support (i.e. laptops, desktops, and printers)
- Experience with system imaging/re-imaging
- Experience working in refreshing, upgrading and deployment projects
- Experience working in ticket system, such as, Service Now.
- Have excellent customer service skills in a corporate environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Good prioritization skills to balance key priorities and work within tight deadlines
- A+, Net+, MCSE, MCP certifications are considered as assets.
- Some travel may be required.
- Be able to work after business hours.
- Must be available to interview at our clients site in Toronto, ON.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Please submit your resume describing your relevant experience. We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All Qualified Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.