Client ID: 264999
Tier 2 Desktop Support Analyst
On behalf of our client, a well-established Canadian organization, Procom is seeking a Tier 2 Desktop Support Analyst, to join their client in Winnipeg, MB.This person will be responsible for the health of the corporate network infrastructure.
Tier 2 Desktop Support Analyst - Job Details
- Provides 2nd level support of PC based infrastructure and assists in the identification and resolution of any problems or maintenance related issues.
- Provides Add/Move/Change request support relating to desktop infrastructure for all corporate clients on a rotating basis
- Works closely with technical and non-technical employees to document and represent client technology requirements.
- Reviews existing technology and processes, and recommends changes when required or requested by clients.
- Researches and investigates alternative solutions for improvements to technology and affected processes.
- Performs infrastructure testing and verifies test results and assists in client acceptance testing.
- Assists in the implementation of technology changes as needed.
- Provides rotating 24x7 on call support for business critical operations
- Performs feasibility studies, assists in cost benefit analysis and planning for projects.
- Manages and implements desktop technology infrastructure projects
- Mentors other employees on IT processes and technology knowledge.
- Operates within a largely unsupervised environment, but with clear accountability framework.
Tier 2 Desktop Support Analyst - Mandatory Skills
- A minimum of three years progressive experience in the investigation, feasibility, analysis and delivery of quality PC technology solutions
- Degree or diploma in a computer related program or equivalent experience, including Windows based certifications.
- Strong technical knowledge of PC software and administration, including Windows 7, 10, Office 2010, and Office 2016 in a remote networked environment is required.
- Previous exposure to all phases and roles in the project life cycle, including experience as a project member.
- Previous experience using formal methodologies along with total cost of ownership principals as it relates to PC based desktop technologies.
- Previous experience in a lead/supervisory role is a definite asset
- Previous experience with Windows based infrastructure is a definite asset.
- Previous experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is a definite asset.
- Must possess strong customer service and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and assignments.
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
Tier 2 Desktop Support Analyst - Assignment Location
- Winnipeg, MB
Tier 2 Desktop Support Analyst - Assignment Length
- 8-12 month contract