The Deskside/End-User Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing Level 1-2 support on all application, network, and hardware related issues. Other responsibilities include; performing analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, installation and maintenance of new and existing PC/desktop systems consistent with Company's/Customer's policies and procedures.
- Install and configure new PCs and peripheral equipment.
- Plan and install PC software and equipment upgrades consistent with policy and direction.
- Assist management and users in determining PC equipment and software needs, source and price equipment, and provide recommendations to management on software and equipment to meet needs of users.
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC equipment software and configuration problems in such a manner to maintain maximum "uptime" for workstations.
- Receive and provide initial evaluation of PC support and LAN problems, referring as needed to Network Administration for those requiring technical support.
- Plan and provide for daily on-call support.
- Assist in management and maintenance of computer and software license records, asset lists, etc...
- Document work order solutions in work order tracking system.
- Relocate PCs and PC equipment as required.
- Maintain asset management system
- Backup Information Technology personnel in areas of system(s) administration
- Provide exceptional service and support to desktop, laptop, and pocket pc users both locally and via telephone.
- Provide excellent customer service to the Customer's Clients and end users.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences or related field
- 5+ years of experience providing 1st and 2nd level deskside and remote support to end users.
- Exceptional knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills both in person and over the telephone.
- Excellent written correspondence skills.