Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Information Technologies
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent is responsible for developing data management and business intelligence solutions. He or she must fully master the company’s data management platform, understand client expectations, analyze needs and impacts, and translate specifications into concrete results. The incumbent recommends implementation strategies, ensures the validity of selected solutions and oversees their implementation.
The incumbent must be able to identify opportunities for improving system features and provide recommendations in line with both the client’s needs and the company’s technology guidelines. With responsibility for both projects and change requests, the incumbent must work collaboratively with various information technology teams as well as the client.
- Collaborate with the Solution Designer and Analyst BI in developing corporate data management and business intelligence solutions in compliance with budgetary commitments and delivery schedules, in addition to providing support for daily operations;
- Develop analytics solutions using Microsoft Analysis Services tabular models;
- Develop data exploration solutions and dashboards with Microsoft Power BI technology;
- Develop database programs in Transact-SQL;
- Develop ETL data integration solutions with Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS)
- Contribute to the development of the enterprise data warehouse;
- Contribute to the architecture and detailed design of solutions;
- Identify and recommend opportunities for enhancing the system;
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem-solving; come up with solutions and action plans and assess alternatives;
- Provide support for the development team;
- Develop reference materials;
- Act as an analyst to meet specific needs as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field;
At least five years of relevant experience in business intelligence solutions development:
Expertise in Microsoft SSAS Tabular 2017 (data models and DAX language);
- Expertise in developing reports in Microsoft SSRS 2016;
- Expertise in Microsoft T-SQL 2016 development;
- Expertise in datamart modelling;
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI;
- Experience in ETL development and Microsoft SSIS;
Familiarity with use cases, data dictionaries and user interfaces;
Experience in enterprise data warehouse development;
- Relevant experience in data management development using Microsoft MDS, an asset;
- Knowledge of MS SQL 2016, MS SQL 2017, an asset;
- Experience in developing data science solutions using R, Python, MATLAB or SAS an asset;
- Knowledge of real estate management an asset;
- Solid grasp of industry best practices, especially those associated with modelling standards and data standardization;
- Self-motivated team player with a strong collaborative mindset, the ability to analyse and synthesize information, excellent attention to detail and a methodical approach;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Flexibility and versatility in performing assigned duties;
- Ability to set priorities and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Solid experience within a team-based, collaborative workplace;
- Stress tolerance;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.