Client ID: 283846
Developer - KDB+/Q
On behalf of our client in the Financial Services Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Developer - KDB+/Q.
Developer - KDB+/Q – Job Description
- We are seeking a strong motivated individual to be part of our Algorithmic Trading Technology team that will work on the core strategy execution platform, market data components, UI components that run in all the regions.
- Scope of the position also includes development and support of components for interfacing with order entry, execution and post-execution systems.
- Algorithmic Trading is a key component of our Electronic Execution business.
- The successful candidate will be an important member of a highly visible team and will directly contribute to the growth and success of the technology platform and the business.
- The candidate will join a highly motivated and skilled group of technologists and will work closely with Quants, traders, other development teams and support organizations in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate will participate in all phases of the project life cycle from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Working directly with users and analysts to translate business use cases into precise functional and technical requirements
- Mentor a team of junior kdb+ developers and establishing development standards
- Design and develop distributed, high volume, high velocity real-time and historical systems using kdb+ technology
- Leveraging kdb+ as a core component to build out a data science framework to support quant research and development
- Maintain existing KDB services and create new services when needed
- Provide support and tools to allow end users to identify the underlying data issues or performance outliers
Developer - KDB+/Q – Mandatory Skills
- 5+ years of experience as a professional Software Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in KDB+/Q required
- Experience building & maintaining large-scale KDB ticker plants is required
- In-depth knowledge of kdb+/Q to construct a scalable architecture in the backend and also maintain a client facing API in multiple languages in order to support various access patterns
- Experience in financial industry, understanding of FIX protocol, trade lifecycle is preferred
- Equity product knowledge covering cash and derivatives
- Strong Scripting skills in Unix/Linux (Shell/Perl/Python)
- Desire to explore the underlying details and provide the root cause analysis on inquiries
- Good Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and integrity
- Knowledge of Continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Exposure to source code management tools - Bitbucket, git
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Mathematics/Any other Quantitative field
Developer - KDB+/Q - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 6 months to start
Developer - KDB+/Q - Assignment Location