On behalf of our client in Richmond, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an Intermediate to Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. The location is on the Skytrain line and easily accessible.
The successful candidate will be able to design, build and maintain highly available and performant production systems based in the cloud. You’ll be working in a small team that owns entire infrastructure stacks for multiple products. Your work will have a high impact and you will be responsible for a particular set of systems, and run key projects.
- Manage servers on AWS cloud environment.
- Diagnose high and low-level performance issues in a highly distributed environment.
- Develop and manage Kubernetes clusters.
- Identify time-consuming tasks and automate them.
- Design and deploy new systems needed for product features.
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, performance and quality.
- Improve efficiency and quality of software development and delivery processes.
- Be part of an on-call rotation.
- Maintain and update installation and configuration processes and documentation.
- Work and communicate with development teams to bridge gaps and bring consistency in software builds and release.
- Collaborate and work in an agile team to design, develop, deliver solutions with high degree of quality.
- Develop proactive system monitoring of business critical applications.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in designing and maintaining production systems in a cloud environment
- Sound knowledge of Linux and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience designing or maintaining systems in one of: AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, Vault
- Proficiency in using or configuring monitoring systems like Nagios, Prometheus, Collectd, identifying critical metrics and correctly prioritizing alerts
- Ability to code in at least one programming language including but not limited to: Python, Go, Java, Bash, Groovy
- Experience with system integration and management tools such as Ansible, Puppet
- Experience in working with containers particularly with Kubernetes is a big plus
- Good knowledge in CI/CD pipelines and automation of software delivery
- Experience with database management either SQL and NoSQL and experience with ElasticSearch and Couchbase an asset
- Familiar with technologies such as SpringBoot, Akka, Kafka, Elastic Search, Couchbase, JBoss, Tomcat
Note: Successful completion of a criminal record check is required for this role.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.