At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our Archiving Engineering Team. The DevOps Engineer will build automation in the cloud to keep mission-critical infrastructure running and maximize product team time.
This position includes both development and operations work across a large, distributed data centre. Scalability and performance are key.
- Work with engineering teams to understand project needs as it relates to the data centre
- Develop Puppet modules and roles
- Define / update system configuration in Hiera
- Establish, refine, and promote best practices for configuration and processes
- Debug production issues across our platform
- Participate in maintenance window work
- Manage releases (packaging, build jobs, RPMs, Jenkins)
- Configure Nagios alerts
- Develop tools in Bash, Perl & Python
- Identify infrastructure items that are good candidates for automation and build appropriately
- Continually deploy & test your work, learn new techniques and technologies as a result of peer review and mentorship; share what you have learned with your peers
What you bring to the team
Your number one priority is delivering value to customers. You are a team player; you know automating things provides predictable performance that saves others' time. You are not satisfied with manually checking on things; you strive to build fully automated instrumentation and alerting. You devote time to thinking about how the systems you build will fail. You are motivated to understand everything you build.
What make you different from others
- Have 5+ years of experience managing the configuration of production cloud platforms using configuration management and orchestration frameworks
- Have experience with Chef, Puppet, or similar configuration management frameworks
- Have experience with Ansible, Rundeck, or similar orchestration frameworks
- Have prior experience debugging production problems that span multiple stack components
- Have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree)
- (Nice to have: Experience working with big data in large, distributed environments)
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation and age.