Job DescriptionJob Title: Diagnostic Mammography TechnologistWork Site: Diagnostic Mammography, Royal Columbian Hospital - New Westminster, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $32.64 - $40.69 per hourHours:
0730-1530; 0800-1600; 1200-2000
Casual shifts as requiredReference#: 133258-jim
Come work as a Diagnostic Mammography Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Diagnostic Mammography Technologist to join the team at the Diagnostic Mammography department at Royal Columbian Hospital. Apply today to join our team! As a Diagnostic Mammography Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform diagnostic mammography exams and interventional breast procedures a majority of the time, and performs routine screening mammography procedures, ensuring quality patient care.
- Perform duties such as:
- receiving and completing requisitions;
- entering relevant data into the radiology information system;
- preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures;
- operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data;
- monitoring patient during procedures; and
- monitoring equipment performance.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education & Experience
Current Certification with the CAMRT.
Successful completion of CAMRT/BCIT Certificate in Breast Imaging or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Agency.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mammography protocols, applications and equipment with understanding of the principles of mammography including positioning, pathology, film/screen techniques, x ray and processing factors as well as related patient care techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills with current computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.